The kaizen process is by itself an ideal methodology of management. It consists of techniques that can be used in any organization to bring about positive change. It is a method that was initially used by the Japanese to influence the type of development experienced in some of their institutions and organizations.
The Kaizen Event Can Be Used By Organizations To
Identify certain values within the company that bring about change. This will enable the management to prioritize their activities and thus save up on time by handling important things first. You should note that order of priority in the kaizen event or process is not based on income generating activities only. This is because the kaizen blitz and the kaizen process include all the activities as long as they are of some importance to the sustainability of the organization; this includes expenses.
Most of the tools in the kaizen event mostly focus on maximizing time, increasing revenue and production and bringing about continuous improvement. It can be used in a variety of industries such as hospitals, warehouses, sales, marketing and school institutions among many others. The common tools that should be implemented include
- Selecting the right teams for the job
- Proper selection of tools and equipments
- Preparing your team; educating them on the kaizen event and kaizen process in advance
- Value stream map
- Constantly checking up on the progress made
There are some things that you must consider when implementing the kaizen event or kaizen process. You should first of all identify if the kaizen process or event is in fact the ideal method to bring about change or progress in your organization or department. You should note that not all organizations or departments can be effectively improved by utilizing the kaizen event. It’s therefore very important to consider other methods available such as TQM (Total quality management) or Kanban.
- Defining The Kaizen Event In Lean Management
- Utilizing The Right Tools To Implement The Kaizen Process
- Selecting The Right Team During A Kaizen Event Or Kaizen Process
- Total Quality Management And Kaizen Principles In Lean Management
- Putting Into Effect The Basic Kaizen Principles
- Implementing The Kaizen Philosophy In Normal Life