The kaizen process a number of tools to facilitate it in bringing about continuous improvement. These tools were also used by the Japanese to implement the kaizen concept. Some of the tools that were used include
- Pareto diagrams
- Control graphs
All these tools are very vital in ensuring that the kaizen process is properly implemented. Organizations that utilize the process are fully aware that the improvement experienced can either be small or big. What really matters about the improvement is its impact irrespective of whether it’s small or big. The level of improvements can be experienced in small bits that bring about huge change. Improvement can also be experienced in one huge leap that has some form of impact on the development of the organization. The kaizen process can be implemented in sequence with each series proving to be more vital than the other.
The process of implementing kaizen is very detailed in nature.
The organization should first do away with general ideas that are a hindrance to developments. You should try and put in place ideas that are flexible in nature and can be changed when need be. There should also be a second plan to fall on to if the first one fails. You should have a proper mindset that will allow you approach the issue in a more convenient method. Create a ‘how’ attitude and not a ‘why’ attitude. This means that you should enquire on how to an approach a problem and not why to approach the problem. Try as much not to come up with excuses for any setback. Try and find the reason behind the fallback and move on. You should do this by immediately rectifying any problem that occurs. You should also think before you leap and weigh up your options. This will enable you to put into action techniques that will facilitate continuous improvement.
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) in Manufacturing– creativesafetysupply.com
- Sustaining Development Process Using The 5s Lean Management Principles– 5snews.com
- A Few Tools for Continuous Improvement– lean-news.com
- The Tools of Kaizen– blog.5stoday.com
- Kaizen in the Workplace– babelplex.com
- What is Kaizen?– iecieeechallenge.org
- 5 Kaizen Tools to Start Using– hiplogic.com
- How to introduce Kaizen philosophy in education?– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- The Concepts of Kaizen– creativesafetypublishing.com