An effective kaizen is one of the most important continuous improvement tools any organization can invest in. Your kaizen, just like any other process within the organization can still be improved further, even when you feel you have done your best. The suggestions discussed below may go along in helping you improve the effectiveness of the process and guarantee returns on the kaizen products.
Have People Arrive In The Meeting Room On Time
Late arrival of team members remain the number one cause of wastes in kaizen. You can use a time back that records lateness or simply issue lunch coupons as an incentive to encourage people to come early.
Set an agenda
Decide on the agenda to be discussed well in advance. It is always essential to have members get copies of the agenda in advance – before the start of the meeting. All the members should also be made aware of your kaizen objectives. However, remember to keep the objectives as realistic as possible as what may seem appealing on paper may not work in real life.
Install a printer in the room
Avail all the kaizen products that are needed for the event
Kaizen Guide: Better your business with continuous improvement
To be successful, you can’t make an improvement once and forget about it. Effective lean businesses use kaizen, which means “continuous improvement”. In kaizen, everyone looks for ways to improve processes on a daily basis. This Kaizen Guide explains the kaizen mindset, basic kaizen concepts including the PDCA cycle, and real-world examples.
It may sound funny, but many are the times people may show up in the meeting room without anywhere to put down notes. To avoid this kind of situations, ensure that writing materials are readily available. Other kaizen products that you will need include scissors, laminating materials, label markers and clay.
Package the training appropriately
Lectures lasting for a number of hours may not go down well with everybody and most people just require a little information to handle specific issues. They may only be effective where people are thirsty for knowledge on lean management. Kaizen trainings should therefore be properly packaged to offer just the right information.
Refuel the team
You may have to provide nutritious meals during the breaks to secure concentration of the team for the next session. Provision of snacks and lots of kaizen products is what most companies will offers, but the team may prefer more than that. Remember, kaizen events can be draining as they are time consuming, in most cases, and give the brain a lot of work.
Putting some of the above tips to work may result to the little improvement you need in your kaizen process.
- How Kaizen is Imperative to LEAN Success
- Mistakes Kaizen Teams Make
- A Kaizen Leaders Role
- 5 Things to Avoid During a Kaizen
- Why You Should Use Takt Time Production & How To Do It
- A Guide On How You Can Effectively Execute A Kaizen Event
- Introduction to Kaizen
- The Power of Kaizen Teams
- What is a Kaizen Event? [Planning and Execution]– creativesafetysupply.com
- Kaizen Events or Daily Kaizen – What to choose?– hiplogic.com
- The Top 5 Ways To Implement & Improve Lean Efforts in the Workplace– blog.5stoday.com
- These Are The Best Ways To Improve Your Lean Efforts– 5snews.com
- Kaizen Events, How vital is it to Lean manufacturing– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- What is a Kaizen event?– lean-news.com
- How can Technology Improve Workplace Safety?– aislemarking.com
- Podcasts to Improve the Workplace– safetyblognews.com